380 South Lamar Street
Jackson, MS 39201
Tuesday - Saturday
10 AM - 5 PM
noon - 5 PM
Monday, June 17, 2019 - Friday, June 211 - 4 PM
Teacher: McKenzie Drake
Cost: $175 (Members: $148.75)
Through the exploration of sculptural materials, this afternoon camp will allow students to grow more familiar with clay, papier-mâché, wire, and found materials. This week will not only challenge campers to think creatively but three-dimensionally! Inspired by work on view in the exhibition Black Out: Silhouettes Then and Now, students will learn and have fun creating their own pieces of art. On the last day of class, we will showcase our work for parents and caretakers and have a celebration at the Museum’s splash pad. And remember to always bring your imagination and DRESS FOR MESS!
• All materials are covered in the cost of registration. Museum members receive 15% off!
• For half-day classes (9 AM-noon), please pack a snack. For full-day classes (9 AM-4 PM), please pack snacks and a lunch.
• The application process for need-based scholarships will open in mid-April.
• Volunteer openings are available. APPLY HERE
• Questions? Contact McKenzie Drake, William R. Hollingsworth Fellow at firstname.lastname@example.org or 601.965.9912