380 South Lamar Street
Jackson, MS 39201
Tuesday - Saturday
10 AM - 5 PM
noon - 5 PM
Monday, July 22, 2019 - Friday, July 269 AM - noon
Ages: 3-4 (parent or caregiver must be present)
Teacher: McKenzie Drake
Cost: $75 (Members: $63.75
Dates: July 22, 23, 25, 26 (NOTE: There is no class on July 24)
Introduce your budding artist to the Museum and all the materials that help artists to create! In each class, we will focus on a different material used in artworks on view in the exhibition Black Out: Silhouettes Then and Now and the Mississippi Invitational exhibition and engage the children AND their caregivers in gallery activities, hands-on art projects, art games, and books. We will use an array of sensory media, as well as air-dry clay, washable paint, paper, pencil, crayons, glue, and more. On the last day of class, we will showcase our work for parents and caretakers and have a celebration at the Museum’s splash pad. And remember to always bring your imagination and DRESS FOR MESS!
• All materials are covered in the cost of registration. Museum members receive 15% off!
• For half-day classes (9 AM-noon), please pack a snack. For full-day classes (9 AM-4 PM), please pack snacks and a lunch.
• The application process for need-based scholarships will open in mid-April.
• Volunteer openings are available. APPLY HERE
• Questions? Contact McKenzie Drake, William R. Hollingsworth Fellow at email@example.com or 601.965.9912